SCOTS GUARDS TO PARADE IN GLASGOW
Around 250 soldiers will take part in a homecoming parade in Glasgow after a six month tour of duty in Afghanistan.
The 1st Battalion Scots Guards will march from Holland Street at 11am to George Square taking in West Regent Street, Pitt Street and West George Street.
The Lord Provost will take the Salute on the dais, with the Regimental Lieutenant Colonel, Brigadier Harry Nickerson in George Square.
Commanding Officer Lieutenant Colonel Rob Howieson said, "It is a great honour to march through the streets of Glasgow. The Guardsmen are very proud of their work and they are humbled to be able to parade in front of their friends, families and the local community.
"The battalion has had a challenging six months in Afghanistan and the parade will recognise its achievement."
The troops, currently stationed in Catterick, North Yorkshire, were deployed to Afghanistan as part of Operation Herrick 17 between October 2012 and April this year.
The battalion spent the duration of their tour in Helmand Province, where they were deployed to the Upper Gereshk Valley.
I am regularly asked if I can produce a DVD of this and my other military band parades. I'm very proud to present "Scottish Military Band Parades - Volume 1", which can be purchased using paypal for £10 including UK Delivery. Please make payment to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a PAL DVD so UK only.
A compilation of 14 of the best military parades that taken place in Scotland since Armed Forces Day 2011 (Edinburgh). Featuring the skirl of the bagpipes as well as the brass bands of HM Royal Marines and HM RAF.
Videod at iconic historical locations in the main cities of Scotland - Edinburgh Castle and The Royal Mile, Stirling Castle, Glasgow City Centre (George Square).
All Video done using full HD camcorder for best possible quality. 2.5 hours of music!
1. The Royal Marines Band - Armed Forces Day 2014 (Stirling) - 21 mins
2. The RAF Band - Armed Forces Day 2014 (Stirling) - 5 mins
3. British Army Bands - Armed Forces Day 2014 (Stirling) - 12 mins
4. Pipes & Drums Practice - Armed Forces Day 2014 (Stirling) - 19 mins
5. The Service - Armed Forces Day 2014 (Stirling) - 17 mins
6. The Royal Marines march to be presented with The Freedom of Glasgow (Glasgow) - 18 mins
7. The Royal Marines are presented with The Freedom of Glasgow (Glasgow) - 12 mins
8. The Royal Marines march after being presented with The Freedom of Glasgow (Glasgow) - 20 mins
9. 1st Battalion Scots Guards homecoming parade 2013 (Glasgow) - 14 mins
10. 2ns Battalion Scots Guards (Royal Highland Fusiliers) homecoming parade 2013 (Glasgow) - 5 mins
11. Edinburgh Military Tattoo Fireworks and March Back to Barracks 2013 (Edinburgh) - 9 mins
12. The Order of The Thistle Parade 2012 (Edinburgh) - 10 mins
13. Armed Forces Day Parade down Royal Mile 2011 (Edinburgh) - 14 mins
14, Pipes & Drums on Calton Hill (Edinburgh) - 11 mins